Political Commentary & Cartoons

Sunday, July 12, 2009

LET OUR ACTIONS SPEAK FOR US - CAN WE SHARE THE TRUE SPIRIT OF AMERICA INSTEAD OF LIMITING OUR INTERACTION WITH THE WORLD TO APOLOGIES

This is a little different from my normal rantings and wonderings. This blog entry is the result of my having the good fortune for one of my many great customers to call me to fix a problem they were having at their home. The conversation during the course of my work went to a need for solar energy in a school which this couple's non profit partners in in Ghana, Africa and then to their activities with two orphanages which they partner in in Mexicali, Mexico. The thing which struck me is that they are sharing a part of what made our country great one child at a time and hoping that those children help others and goodness spreads virally throughout the world. Working together so that each one could be self sufficient was a part of the strategy which helped create our country along with some less proud moments, I will grant you. My point is, let us determine our strong suit and play to it.By doing good as Americans in direct contact with the people who they help, they are showing another way of life to people who had no window into the possibilities which we have in our world. She told me about having to teach a little girl who was sold to an organ harvester, rescued by the grandmother with the police and put in one of the orphanages to lick an ice cream cone and to eat french fries. The children gain self sufficiency and education and hopefully learn to analyze and make decisions so that they grow into a better educated group taking their country to a better standard of living. One of the world's hopes in Iran is the young, educated, pro-western population who wants something different from what they have. Reaching the younger people in a country is a powerful way to change the course of that country in a peaceful manner. This couple's non-profit and may other groups are doing this without the inefficiency of our government using tax dollars, paying for administration, distributing goods and money which is partially taken through corruption and some of it reaching the people for whom it is meant. Speaking to the world about these kind of American endeavors as well as similar things done by others, including our military, would promote a better image of America than focusing world attention on negatives.They work with the children and find endeavors such as a taco stand, farming or something which they can teach them all aspects to provide for themselves with a productive endeavor. Providing a safe place, giving support and education to help the children become independent, self sufficient human beings, hopefully with the inclination to continue the mission gives a probability of an exponential increase in the army for good rather than taking care of children until they can go out and exist in their world. The difference from some of my preconceptions was that, while this is a religious endeavor, the religion is not pushed as much as the mission to create self sufficient human beings spreading the ability to create a loving, independent world. My father had sometimes ridiculed me for being a dreamer, but there is no downside which I see to this very economically efficient dream.I was curious how a Christian entity could function in a Muslim city in Ghana. He said that the education and self sufficiency is their main thrust. The Christian teachings and philosophy are gladly shared if there is a request, but not force fed as an integral part of the mission. Some of our good people in our country are doing good things is what we should be talking about to the world, not looking for the small percentage of things relative to the overall good which Americans do for a reason to apologize and focus the world attention on America's deficiencies both real and imaginary. It is not unlike drawing a line. You look at the end point and that guides you to where you need to go. We, too often, look at where we should not be rather than at where we would do well to be.

Their website is
http://yesweserve.com/index.html
and I put it out there because, while I have no knowledge of these endeavors, I would like to see if there is any good which I might contribute by my screaming about it to the universe. "Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."—Thomas Jefferson

I personally feel that there is something out there or in me and the rest of us which I do not understand, but I come from not knowing because I am not comfortable with the definitions of my past and I am reluctant to limit my concept of whatever it is. I treasure our Judeo-Christian principles which have guided our country because they offer us a good way to live with eachother and create a country to be envied. America was an experiment and our forefathers created something special which we risk losing if we do not carefully analyze our changes, proceed slowly and carefully, and test the effect of our changes.
I am not familiar with what I am sure is one of many of this type of program, but it seems to me that, without the inefficiency of government, we have a way to do good and create a safer, happier world while helping specific children in need of someone who cares.My next stage on my website was to be facts for comparison or analysis, but I would welcome suggestions for how we might do more to promote Americans doing good in the world to promote peace and happiness. I have been too involved with a heavy workload for which I am greatful to do the refinement and publishing of my facts section:
1. Global Warming - Climate Change
2. Health Care - the plans in place in other countries and the results
3.economic parameters such as National Debt to GDP by president & congressional percentages, public spending to total spending and other ways for us to have facts to get a better feel for how each philosophy of government has worked4. countries in the same area such as Mexico/USA, Israel/Palestine or however you want to define their neighbor relative to income per capita, educational level, tourist volume, GDP My hope is to compile and present data to make it obvious what country does what best and which parts should be strengthened and which should be discarded

I would like to thank those who offer any helpful ideas and apologize to all for my redundancy on some hot buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment