The YouTube clips at the end of this post present a possible explanation of the purpose of the marketing program for healthcare.
Do we really want to make decisions which give us good feelings without looking at the long term consequences to our nation and let those who follow pay the price for our desires? The question, "Are we so selfish that we don't care enough to analyze where we are going and how we make our decisions?" has a very uncomfortable answer for one of the two teams. The obvious answer to that question is answered by, "Which team is unwilling to discuss it on a factual basis?" There is enough factual basis available for each of us to review our position and determine which team is the target of the marketers with motives different from what they claim.
Is the Constructionist leaning or the Progressive team going to take America where we want to go and give us a country which we are proud of and which has a good impact on the world?
I see a Maslow's Heirarchy for a nation which should be considered on a logical basis to develop a philosophy:
1. Our country's existance - where we put our resources and our nation's attitude toward dangers will determine whether we continue to have a country or not. Take a moment to think about the judgements which just came into your mind and question the basis of those judgements. Look carefully at why you feel that way and what impact your desires would have on our country's continued existance.
2. Our Nation's economy and whether we will continue to or should continue to lead the world in innovation and economic expansion. This is relative to economic growth and stability rather than the manner in how we do it. If we feel we shouldn't do it, the how is irrelevant. If we feel that we should, the how should be contemplated to decide what the best course taking into account what that decision's impact on the world will be.
3. Our educational system - are we teaching our children to question what is presented to them, analyze and verify it or are we indoctrinating them? An educated voter is the best input for a country to make good decisions. Do we question that which is presented to us in light of its validity and the presenter's objectives?
“Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.” -- Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan
"The opinion of 10000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor from 121-180 AD
The above quotes describe uninformed voters resulting in the relegation of power to a small group with the best marketing program. I had a sixth grade teacher who gave us examples and taught us to question whatever we heard, read and saw regardless of whether it came from us or them. It was one of the most valuable times in my schooling. Is that happening now? I hear about "An Inconvenient Truth" and a "Capitalism is bad" cartoon presentation being shown to children. Are the children given the opportunity to analyze and discuss the points made in the film or are the points given as gospel and the child is expected to be programmed? This would be an incredible opportunity to develop their abilities to become an informed and capable voter by presenting an opposing view point, analyzing and discussing the subject. If it is programming and not developing analytical skills, what is the agenda and why do we want people with underdeveloped analytical abilities? An even more important question is, "Why would a parent want to diminish rather than develop their child's mental abilities?"
4. Having taken care of the basic three levels puts the nation in a position to determine priorities and deal with its other programs. Not dealing with the three basic levels will decrease the probability of the nation's existance.
HEALTH CARE REFORM MARKETING:
The biggest question I have is, "If we were in the worst financial crisis since the depression and the unemployment rate is still higher than projected, why would we want to do something which could destabilize the American economy worse than it is before it recovered?" This does not make sense to me when there are so many things which could be done to make progress as we bring the American economy back on a stable footing." This question and why we ignore some basic questions such as where are all of the medical personnel required coming from to make this reform possible from a manpower standpoint is possibly answered in some videos from several years ago.
Some of the available, safe steps are:
1. Portable insurance plans which go with the employee rather than being provided by the employer
2. Competition between insurance companies across state lines.
3. Tort reform
4. Reviewing government regulations for ease of compliance by the affected entity
5. Use the Massachusetts state system which is currently having problems as a model, tune it up, test it and scale it up to a national level once it operates in a fiscally safe manner.
I have some Investor's Business Daily references which provide some insite into the healthcare issues including those of some physicians fed up with the status quo.
1. Should they upon whom we will depend for healthcare have some input? 33% in favor and 65% opposed according to, "The poll contradicts the claims of not only the White House, but also doctors' own lobby — the powerful American Medical Association — both of which suggest the medical profession is behind the proposed overhaul.
It also calls into question whether an overhaul is even doable; 72% of the doctors polled disagree with the administration's claim that the government can cover 47 million more people with better-quality care at lower cost."
2. "09/23/2009 07:09 PM ET - Nearly half of doctors say tort reform is key to getting U.S. health care costs under control, according to the IBD/TIPP Poll on which this series is based. Of the 1,376 doctors who responded to our survey, 48% mentioned tort reform as the best way to slow the rise in medical costs."
3. We could look at this as, "Just talking points by the people who perform unnecessary procedures for higher income." Do you want to analyze an argument with an outcome you may not be able to LIVE WITH without more thought? If you were contemplating going into medicine and looking at the amount of time, energy and money which you would have to commit to accomplish it, would you be more or less likely to do it under a government program? This is the question which we must ask. There are doctors now who will not deal with government programs because it is not worth it to them. Put yourself in the medical professional's shoes and ask yourself whether we will have enough people to provide the manpower required for our resulting program. IBD - "Litigation: The Founding Fathers envisioned the states as laboratories for ideas and choices. If the administration needs a demonstration project for successful tort reform, it need look no further than Mississippi." The predominantly legal profession legislators appear more concerned with the legal profession's welfare than the medical profession's welfare by maintianing the liability of doctors for the benefit of some attorneys.
This is so obvious - if you increase workload, decrease or limit reward, why would anyone commit to the time, hard work and sacrifice to go into medicine? We need more psychiatric workers to deal with OBLIVION.
2. YOUTUBE VIDEOS REGARDING THE PLAN:
Mind blowing speech by Robert Welch in 1958 predicting Insiders plans to destroy America
I echo Dennis Prager's query regarding healthcare, "What? Are you crazy? Do you think that I don't want good healthcare?" and ask the question, "If it is so good for America, why does it have to be marketed so deceptively.
Intimidation of a major healthcare company by a congressman and a gag order for a good program?
AARP behind plan because they will profit from it and are not included in the gag order. Government does not want you to have a complete understanding of the Healthcare Plan. What does that say to you?
The question which I have is - Is SELFISHNESS the answer? The challenging question of how can smart people not see the corruption and the direction that the Obama administration is taking America? Entities like the fringe media are explainable as business prostitutes, but the American citizens? I believe that the WIIers (Willfully Ignorant Intellectuals) are so selfish that they want the good feeling they get supporting the fantasy so much that they will enslave future generations rather than come out of the fantasy and check out reality. Pitiful excuse for an American citizen if I am correct in why people stay in emotion and refuse to look at facts. Could be that we need analytical thinking presented early in school rather than indoctrination programs.